Saturday, December 12, 2015
Reading
I wanted to take a break from writing about anonymity, so I decided to talk about reading. I remember when I did not like reading books. I just did not want to read them. Until a few years ago I really got into reading books. When I was younger my mom told me I had to read books. I never listened, like most kids that age. I now realize that a person can learn so many things from reading a book. Maybe some advice that the reader has, quotes or phrases, and different ways to phrase sentences. You can also learn so many different words that you might of never have heard of before. Every book is different in the writing. Which I think is kind of neat. Seeing the different ways people write. I think reading books is really interesting. For me I just imagine the story happening in my head, like a movie. And for the first person perspectives I imagine me as the person telling the story. Sometimes I do that, but not all the time. When I read some books tears form in my eyes. From being so sad or happy or so frustrating. That might sound weird, but when I really get into a certain book, I get so emotional. Does that happen to anyone when they read? You know the story is good when you get emotional when you read it. Sometimes I read a book in one night without realizing it. The first time I did that, I did not know that I could even do it. I'm not saying to go out there and read twenty books in a week. Reading books isn't suited for everyone. I also read to get my mind off of things that are stressful in my life or at the time. I just get lost in the book and forget everything happening in my world. It is time consuming, but I really like reading books. Sometimes I start reading and finish and three hours go by. And it only feels like thirty minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I tend to get emotional when I read also. But I rarely form full blown pictures in my head. I have a hazy visual. My focus is on words. They say people who can imagine the book visually have a richer experience, so I'm a little jealous, but honestly, when I'm reading, I'm all in. I have a deep connection to the words on the page, so I can't even imagine that I'm missing out. But maybe I am.
ReplyDelete