Friday, December 11, 2015

Cyber Bullying

It's a shame that there are people in the world who troll and cyber bully online. The fact that people can live with themselves knowing that they just sent a stream of hate towards another individual sickens me. I feel that there aren't enough restrictions on websites and because of this, people are able to bully others and get away with it without a punishment. Of course, putting more restrictions on websites won't accomplish much, but I'm sure that it would help in some sort of way. It's crazy knowing that there are kids that come to school everyday who have experienced some sort of trolling or cyber bullying, but are too afraid to speak up. I never liked the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" because in most cases, it isn't true, especially online. When a person is cyber bullied, the words that were posted have been seen by many people and is a permanent comment. This is why I believe that the creators of all these social media websites should step in and take better measures when it comes to trolling and cyber bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.