Monday, December 7, 2015

My Monday Night Rant About ERW

     Where should I even begin? It is only Monday, and I am stressed. First of all, our "Room for Debate: The War Against Online Trolls" chart is due tomorrow. That, alone, is STRESS. It is not just one or two articles, but seven different articles that we first had to read. Then, we are supposed to find the main idea, supporting evidence and label whether it's pathos, ethos, or logos, direct quotes from the text, find two comments and explain what they say, and don't forget about the cyberlinks within the articles. I honestly don't even know what a cyberlink is… Plus, we are responsible for turning in two rhetorical précis tomorrow. I've never had to do one of these before. Luckily, the format was easy to understand.
     Moving on… We also have a vocabulary quiz coming up on Thursday. Quiz is an understatement. Quizzes are supposed to be short and easy. I have never had so much stress and anxiety over a vocabulary quiz in my whole thirteen years of schooling. I don't know if its just me, but these quizzes are extremely hard. Plus, this week, we have an added bonus! We have a grammar packet that's due and we also have a grammar quiz. At this point, I'm just trying my best.
      And when you think you can take a break and catch your breath after the "quizzes" on Thursday, don't forget that our first draft of our Online and Anonymous Essay is due Friday. I looked at our writing task, printed it out, and put it aside for another day. Tonight is not the night that I am going to decide if I'm for anonymity or against anonymity online.
      Lastly, I am writing this blog because we have a blog and a comment due Friday. I sat down at my desk and tried to think of what I should blog about. I've already blogged about blogging, the negative aspects of trolling, and the positive points of anonymity online. This is when I decided I was full of stress, and I needed to let it out.
      I wish all ERW students well this week. Push through because ERW is not our only class and we have other homework on top of this. Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. GIRL I am with you hahaha. I'm struggling just juggling ERW with my other homework, on top of that I have practice. Life is crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have practice everyday this week, so we're in the same boat! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone (:

      Delete

    2. Since every Monday for me is hell because I have cross country/track practice until 4-4:30 and then Mariner practice for another two hours, how I still manage to be hyper while I'm extremely sleep deprived on a Tuesday is beyond me. I TOTALLY get you in this rant since that is probably what my week is like every week. Instead of just ERW assigning work to take up many hours of my day, it’s as if each teacher believes they are the only teacher that exists and gives just as much homework as the next. There are only twenty-four hours in a day and five days in a school week and it’s hard to pull all-nighters every night of the week when you are so tired from practice (and this isn’t even college yet). Not to be throwing shade at Ms. Fletcher or anyone else, because I know homework assignments are necessary to be able to finish the curriculum, but I wish more teachers can be like Ms. Fletcher in being more understanding and allowing for grace periods when a student has made the honest mistake of forgetting a homework assignment. I know this comment is long but I just had so much to say because this blog post defines my life since I began ninth grade. Well, where I’m going with this is that I understand what you mean *100 emoji* and if we were all able to manage this throughout our three years of high school I believe an extremely smart person like you will be fine of all people.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Sarah for all your support. I don't know how you do it with cross country/track, mariners, and all the AP classes that you're taking. I admire you so much! I only felt that I could rant like this because Ms. Fletcher is such an understanding teacher. She is definitely preparing us for the future, but at times, it is still overwhelming.

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you. This is the only class that I am struggling to keep up with when everything seems to be coming so quickly with more and more assignments being assigned on top of that. Since both of my parents work nearly all day and night, I babysit my three little sisters which makes it much more difficult to get my ERW work in order. The stress that this class puts on me is unreal but I'm sure that I'll through it. Slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, first of all, I have to say that I am impressed with your blogs. You always have a good point, and your writing is so easy to follow. Even though you have a lot on your plate, it doesn't show through your writing. Keep pushing through because we are almost half way done with senior year.

      Delete
  3. I totally understand what you are saying. This week has become very overwhelming and stressful with the amount of work we've been receiving. Not just from erw,but from all of my other classes.And of course, procrastination decided to kick in as well. Juggling this class, along with 3 AP classes, and my other extracurricular activities, school has become so stressful. However, I just wanted to look on the bright side. All of these classes and extra activities we participated in are going to pay off soon as college application season is coming to an end. So of course, school is been EXTREMELY stressful, but it is all going to be worth it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.