It shows that anything online can be made into something it isn't and people can use that to get people in trouble. Also people can get offended depending on how sensitive they are on certain subjects. Which brings up an issue of censorship. People may not be able to post their thoughts online because so many people may be against them. Any online post may be held against you your whole life, so it is hard to have freedom of speech online when a person cannot escape criticism. The internet environment should be a safe place for people to express themselves to a large audience to spread their ideas, no matter how big or small. If peoples perception were to be more open, there might be a solution to many problems online.
Friday, December 11, 2015
Perception
So this is the final blog post for us and I was not sure as to what I was going to say, but I guess I thought of something. I have noticed that perception has a lot to do with the concept of trolling, unless a person is deliberately trying to ruin someone's life. So many things online can be interpreted in so many different ways. There is no real limitations to what something means and people can just dig deeper and deeper on a subject without end. I remember one time I was fighting with my friend and she posted about me after we stopped talking to each other. She was talking about how she didn't like me anymore and she said something along the lines of "I wouldn't care if she was dead." Of course, my twisted mind made me manipulate the situation into sounding as though she was posting a death threat, even though it was not her intention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.