Friday, March 4, 2016

How to ensure food safety ?

This research started off sounding very overwhelming because there is such a wide variety of options available to write about. Once I began narrowing down my interests on the topic of food, the research paper became more clear to me. Firstly, I was interested in the insects that are involved in the whole food process. Then, the conditions that the workers and animals that are involved in the big food industries. As of now, I am most interested in the topic of food safety and how big industries ensure our safety. Now being educated about the conditions that most of the big meat packing industries are in, how am I suppose to rely on such an unsafe condition to provide we with a safe product? I mainly developed this question while watching Food Inc because it clearly showed the bad conditions of those industries. Another reason that adds to my uncertainties, is the unfair condition and treatment of both the workers and the animals. Therefore, conditions like those cause horrible things to sometimes occur. For example, meat contamination which can cause people to become sick or even die in severe situations. The young boy in the Food Inc movie was a perfect example of something that should have never happened. I strongly believe that it is the food industries responsibility to ensure the safety of our meat because the innocent boy should not have died because of a careless mistake. Therefore, more precautionary matters should be strongly endorsed in all food packaging industries. Although, my current knowledge is limited, I look forward to continuing my research in how our safety can be insured through the meat packing industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.