Thursday, March 3, 2016

Food Inc + Chipotle = ECOLI



This topic has come up to me ever since I watched Food Inc. There is a lot of speculation about whether it is safe or not to eat at Chipotle. With the recent E coli outbreaks it starts to question our minds. A lot of my friends still tend to enjoy a salad bowl or a burrito at this joint. When I watched Food Inc. it sort of reminded me of this theory. People still hear about the constant outbreaks and sicknesses that are coming from Chipotle, yet they're still hesitant to stop eating it. This reminded me of watching my fellow classmates' reactions to Food Inc. in 1st period. We all saw the things that are put into our food, the slaughter and cruelty the animals go through yet we still continue to eat the same food. It's just interesting how hesitant the human race is to making a change, myself included. I saw the chickens being tortured and grown at a unbalanced rate, yet I still enjoyed Popcorn chicken with Jennafer at Cha2o the following weekend. It just makes me wonder what will it take to open other peoples minds to making a change in the way they eat.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Outbreaks/ucm470410.htm

2 comments:

  1. You made a good point. After watching Food Inc. I was horrified. They not only treated the animals poorly, but also the workers. I thought after that day I would change my diet. However, I bet none of us did. We have become so accustomed to what we eat on a weekly basis that it is not so easy to just change our diets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, i myself am at fault as well. I have a good amount of knowledge now about what it is our food, but I still enjoy eating the same things. Human Nature I guess haha

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.