Writing this commencement speech, in a way, is actually helping me with my personal statement. It is allowing me to look back on all the events throughout high school that have changed me. Considering that our personal statements are completely about ourselves, this commencement speech has really helped me on finding some new ideas on what to write about in my personal statement.
Now that we're fast forwarding to graduation by writing these commencement speeches, it really has me thinking about college and the future. At the end of last year, I just wanted high school to be done, considering how stressful junior year was. I just wanted to leave and meet new people and experience new things. However, now that I'm actually a senior, I don't want to leave. The thought of college is terrifying. The one thing I once dreamed for, is now becoming something I'm scared of. Now I realize that I don't want to leave high school to end yet. I want to cherish as many moments as I can with the people I'm with now before it all changes. Though I know college is a fun experience that many people go through, I still want to hold on to these last few months that I have in high school.
I think you brought up some very good points that I didn't think of. I agree that our commencement speeches can help us with our personal statements. Reflecting back on our past experiences will enhance our essays for college admission. Also, you are not alone feeling scared and concerned about entering college. I am also feeling scared and nervous about the future. I'm just now realizing how fast this year is going to go by, and I wish that time could slow down for a little bit. I hope the next few months will bring you many good memories!
ReplyDelete