There is something frightening about writing these commencement speeches. It isn't due to me being unaware of the content or that I have to imagine my self giving this speech to my peers and their family, but it actually is the mere the fact that these commencement speeches make me realize that this is my last year in high school.
Reflection isn't a process I am unfamiliar with, it is the idea that I have to almost force myself to think of the end (of my high school education of course) that pretty much terrifies me. I enjoy reveling in the little memories that happen to pop back into my thought process when writing my commencement speech, but then realizing that it is all soon coming to a close is a feeling that I can't describe quite as well. To remember all of the little triumphs and failures that took up most of my life, it all seems to crash onto me like some overwhelming wave.
But none of this leaves me cringing, if anything it makes me feel brave and proud of all the things I have gone through. Reading and listening to all of those commencement speeches have really pushed me to the reality that all of this will soon end, but it leaves an interesting bittersweet feeling that makes me surprisingly content.
Of course I still have many challenges to overcome, but with writing these commencement speeches, I have realized that maybe not every challenge will end with a win or a loss, sometimes they just end at s point that can make everything feel complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.