Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Thinking About the Future

          Thinking about the commencement speech has got me thinking about college in the future.  I'm actually terrified of what's ahead.  I know all the speeches say that we're supposed to hit the ground running and begin our new life as adults, but the transition seems so daunting to me.  At my age are still act like a 12-year-old, so I will be hard for me to adjust to all the different things that adults have to do.  We also have to make a lot of changes in terms of last times.  
          This year is a last year of high school, the last year of being a kid, the last year to go trick-or-treating before it's socially unacceptable, and the last time we get to see a majority of the people on campus ever again.  I'm pretty optimistic about what the future holds in store, but thinking about all those things brings me slight fear that I wish I didn't have.  My essay spends a lot more timing looking back, than looking ahead because I don't like thinking about the future.  However, we must force ourselves to do so, because those times come before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.