It's almost hard to believe that we will all be going on to live in what is known as "the real world"
once we all graduate. I can honestly say that I am terrified to see what is coming my way in the future. Writing my commencement speech has made me realize that the easy part of life is almost over. No more depending on our parents to take us to school, pay for the clothes on our backs, feed us everyday, or remind us to do our homework. This will be our time to be the responsible individuals that we've all been prepping to be.
My speech sent me back to when I first came into high school. It reminded me of all the memories I've made; good and bad. I had so much fun these past years and it's a little sad that it's almost over, but I have also realized that even though high school is almost over for me, it isn't over yet. Therefore, I need to cherish every moment I have with my friends this year.
A commencement speech isn't about reminding people of the past or even telling them that something is about to end. In fact, it's the complete opposite. It is supposed to speak of new beginnings and what will be coming our way. In this case, graduating is just the beginning of our soon to be independent lives. Our future is in our own hands and we all have a choice on how we want to live it.
I believe that we will all learn from our own commencement speeches. They won't only remind us that this is our last year in high school, but also to be excited and scared at the same time for our futures. We all have the power to start off a path that will help us become successful and I am most definitely looking forward to that.
I really enjoyed reading your blog. You were very positive and put a new spin on our commencement speeches. Yes, we all have our memories of high school, and we will cherish them, but I liked how you pointed out that commencement speeches are about new beginnings. In my commencement speech, I need to add more about the future and what the "real word" is expecting of us. Like you said, as we graduate, we are leaving childhood behind and entering adult life.
ReplyDelete