Commencement speeches are a big part of graduation. Brave, lucky people get to speak in front of the graduating class and their families. It's truly an honor to speak at graduation because these people inspire the students as they're getting ready to leave the life in high school and enter the adult world.
Writing this commencement speech has made me realize that time is flying fast and graduation is going to come as soon as you know it. I hate thinking about the day we finally get to leave high school because that's really all we know right now. We have never really lived on our own without our parents resources. Graduation gives me a bitter sweet feeling. I'm excited to finally graduate and start my life, but I also don't want to leave high school behind. People may say they can't wait to graduate and finally get out of their parents' house, but I don't think they realize how different their lives are going to be once the day comes. Before writing the commencement speech I use to say "I can't wait to move out and go to college," but now I just want to live in the moment other than think about the future.
This speech has taught me to enjoy my last year of high school other than dread it because graduation is right around the corner. There's only 240 days till graduation, so I'm going to make the best out of those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.