Sunday, April 3, 2016

C'mon Government

My mindset about this country has changed so much since we started this whole food politics unit. I already had some knowledge about what the government keeps from us but I never knew that it was as corrupt as I have been learned it to be. Of course I am still proud to be an American but I do not think I could have as much pride as I once did about this country. I do not feel as free as we are guaranteed to be. We have so many rights given to us by this country that makes us feel we have freedom but we are being held from so much. We are not being allowed to unlock our full potential as humans. We are being fed foods that are making us dumber and fatter. Nevertheless, we are being lied to about what we are actually being fed. It’s ridiculous that our very own government is slowly killing us off for a paycheck. Before I thought the government was here to keep the people safe and create a better country; I now see that they are fine with how our country is becoming so unhealthy. I am now very aware about what I am consuming, but still it is hard to consume healthy foods with the high prices they have. In the future, when I have that steady check, I plan to eat nothing but organic foods and only healthy options. I know that once I am eating organically, I will have a higher consciousness about other things. To create a better country with better living, the government needs to take their heads out of their bottoms and start treating the people correctly. With the people not trusting the government there will only be more corruption. Like Peter Parker’s uncle once said, “With great power comes great responsibility”. 

4 comments:

  1. You are completely right when you say that the government is holding us back from reaching our full potential. It is quite unfortunate that as generations pass on and on, we are learning less and less of what we can do to end the seemingly inevitable end that the folks back in 1930 set out for us. The government has always been portrayed in movies to see the people of the US as a dumb and ignorant group that can be easily taken advantage of, but if we come together as a community, we can certainly change their way of seeing. It is up to the younger generations to end the tyrannical giants in the food industry and it is up to us to educate ourselves on what is and is not healthy. We shouldn't have to settle for what we are given, we need to fight for what is better for us. Even though we have been misguided by the government, they are there to help us, and as soon as we gain enough people to believe that change is possible, then the government will soon change with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with what you are saying. I also feel as though we are left in the dark about what is going on with the government and our food sources. That is why it is so important to be educated and not take the word of some as the truth. I believe this is why we need to investigate, research, and be responsible for our own health. It is tragic that the rich are the ones that can afford to eat a wholesome, organic based diet. This leaves many hardworking families at a disadvantage at more ways than one; they cannot afford to buy organic meat because it can be two to three times the price of regular meat. And this isn't even taking into consideration of organic fruits, vegetables, and dairy products. Most people can't afford an extra couple hundred dollars to spend at the grocery store. As more people start to understand exactly what kind of foods are being produced, hopefully there will be a change in the future so everyone will be able to have a healthy, wholesome, organic diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since everyone seems to agree with your statement, I felt the need to bring another side to it. I do not have strong opinions and I always like to see all of my options before I make conclusions. I do understand that the government is corrupt and the result do not lie, but for the most part our system works as it is now. There are many changes to be made, changes that would takes years or even decades, but the fact is, most people eat their food and live their life. Many are ignorant and have no idea about this corruption, but many that do know still go along with the system because it has been working. Millions of Americans are being fed thanks to these technological advancements and though companies choose to use them selfishly, the results benefit others. I am not agreeing with either side of this argument and I too will eat only organic when I can afford it one day, but until then it is only fair to see both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sam Bam! That's totally off topic but back to reality. I agree with your statement. The government holds the true power to changing the food industry. Watching Food Inc exposed many of the government officials who support big food companies like Monsanto. This proves that the government has the authority to make changes in our food system. But the true answer lies behind the government's intentions. They are only in this for the business. The government wants to make money and the food industry is one of the biggest financial powers in the world. The government must do something otherwise nothing will change.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.