Sunday, April 3, 2016

Thinking more about our food

The deeper and deeper I look in to about our food especially chicken, it gets me thinking more. Not in a way of I should stop eating chickens but is there any way to make things better with food. If going out and getting chickens raising them on your own would be better then getting fast food. Right now I don't truly care to much if weather or not my food is raised by someone I knew or gotten from a fast food place. Food is Food... I know that it could be "not safe" and/or we don't know how the food is made or treated as it is growing up. But the more and more I know I see my food and start to think back of how it could have been made or treated. Yet I still eat it in the end because I'm hungry and there is food in front of me. Honestly in my point of view food is food, this isn't a fairy tail and not everything is going to be perfect... as much as everyone would want that it isn't. No matter how much the government trys to keep all food safe they cant keep all of it safe. That is what i think about as I look more in to my food.
In my case even if i where to want to raise my own chickens or grow my own food with my life style at the moment it could not work. After school I normally get my sister food then wait for her to get out. This is when I think about how fast food actually is a big part in my life. That as much as I'm agents being mean to the animals before they made for food there isn't much we can do. So weather or not witch is better it would be to hard to change my life and a lot of other peoples.

4 comments:

  1. I do agree with the fact that food is food because that statement is true. Though we have all been influenced in some way by food inc., whether large or small, food is food. I do believe, however, that people should look into their food more rather than blindly eat whatever is thrown onto their plate or put into a to-go box. The government's intention is not to kill us, but unintentionally they are capable of it and until the system is flawless, there is always reason to have doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly I've been thinking about this too ever since I saw Food Inc. The way that they exposed how animals have been poorly treated. It made me what to change a lot of things. I wanted to raise my own chickens. That documentary also made me want to go out and speak against these big food corporations and industries. They have so much power, and the government has the power to change the way they are ran. But the government is all about business. I truly wish animals weren't treated this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before this unit, I never really thought about where exactly my food came from. The only thing I cared about was whether it was healthy or not. I ate without thinking, but after this unit, I actually think about where my food has been. After hearing the story about the little boy who died from eating a hamburger, I question whether eating one was really worth it. Instead I've tried to eat chicken sandwiches instead, but honestly I am taking the same risk. I agree that food is food, but paying attention to what you eat can make a difference. It may be hard, but food comes from all different places and there are risks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.