Monday, April 4, 2016

Mind

Has my mindset changed about my country on the issue of food? Yes, it has because I have found a lot of information about how GMOs are packaged and the process of actually making the food more "efficient." It has made me realize what possibly could be in our foods; a lot of things that the normal person knows nothing about. Some substances are beneficial, and others can be harmful. From what I found, it seems as though it actually has more benefits if anything. We are able to make foods more efficient and in larger quantities; for example, a rice plant that is resistant to climate change. It really has not changed my mindset to what I eat. I mean, I try to limit eating out more, but it is hard. You just have to have the motivation to eat healthier. When food is five dollars for a meal at a fast food restaurant, and it tastes good, it is hard to beat that. When people go to order food, almost all do not even think "Hey, this or that could be in my food. Should I still eat it?" It sometimes crosses my mind, all of the information that I have researched, and other times I do not even think about it.

2 comments:

  1. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog, I can relate to what your thinking, we don't know what kind of food is given to us and how it can benefit or harm us, we never ask questions but instead we eat. I know what you mean its hard to eat healthy when it's expensive.
    just to be clear I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, it really hasn't changed my mindset at all to what I eat. I know that there are so many genetically modified foods that we don't even know if it's food or not. But its so true when I order food from somewhere I literally just look at what's good instead of thinking of what's in my food

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.