Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cold and Alone

Within the cold of Gethen, this contributes with the theme of isolation and loneliness for Genly Ai because the cold planet is nothing like his own.He is not only just cold, he is isolated and different. Mr. Ai had to learn how to become one of the Gethenias. Ai has different facial structures and is an alien from this world. The cold from Winter describes how Genly feels about this planet and shares complexity with him. Gethen is an unforgiving planet and is very uninviting, as is the people from Gethen. Genly experiences isolation and must fear most people. He is confused about the sex and their life on Winter. With The Left Hand of Darkness, cold portrays loneliness.
Therefore Winter is cold and so is the way Genly feels.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the way you described Esatraven and his loneliness because nobody likes to be alone, they like to be among other people

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand the way which you disproved estraven sometime that's me because of my race I know that I am loved but then it's like wow you feel deep down that you just don't belong there but you are afraid to say something that's what I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought up a good point. Gethen is not inviting. The people of Gethen are cold, as are their surroundings. It seems as if the people of Gethen and cold are parallels in a way. However, it is understandable that Genly feels alone and isolated because those feelings are his surroundings on Gethen.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.