Thursday, November 19, 2015
Words
Words can hurt. Not physically but mentally. And in my opinion I think that is a lot worse. Maybe more than a punch, long term wise , because that bruise will heal. Something that is said might take longer or perhaps you will never recover from it. Someone can say this or that to someone and at first the person doesn't really concentrate on the words, not until later when they really think about it, when their minds keep on saying the words over and over. I always try to think, "I know who I am, what I want, what my goals are, words can not change that." However, sometimes they get to me, I just keep on thinking about the words even though I know I shouldn't, that I do not need to think about them. I got words thrown at me and it was taken to a mental level inside my head. I did not know what to do. It gets to a person after a while. I mean, if you hear the words being said, it is going to be in ur head, lurking until you can stand it anymore. I look at people saying rude and mean things on the internet and everything and think, you are just being stupid, why do you need to be mean and say those things? I understand, there are some people that are going through some things within their lives and take it out on other people. Exactly like the troll in the article we have been reading in class "What happened when i confronted my cruellest troll" by Lindy West. It is easy to sit in front of a screen and say this or that to someone to hurt them. That isn't the way to go about it though. By taking it out on everyone else, where is that going to lead you? Nowhere. The problems are still going to be there. I look at words and think that they mean nothing to me (unless they are positive words). Maybe the right thing to do is to ignore the and words, but I do not know if that is the right method because every troll is different. Not in what they're saying, but why they are saying it. Or perhaps a person just needs to think, "those words can not hurt me, because I know who I am in my head, and words can not change me if I do not let them."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Someones verbal abuse could definitely affect your feelings at the moment. However, you should just try to forget about the negative words said. The words should not be floating through your head any longer; meditating could help clear your mind and give you a more positive outlook on things like this.
ReplyDelete